[chbot] Computer Controlled Christmas Lights

Nathan Kennedy nathan at kennedytechnology.com
Fri Dec 11 10:46:57 GMT 2009

Good evening all,

Well, it's kind of robotic related! So not entirely off topic.

My wife and I operate a computer controlled Christmas light display in the
suburb of Bexley.

There are two parts to the display.

- The main display is synchronised to music, and can be heard via a low
power FM transmitter by tuning your car radio into 88.1FM when in close
proximity.

- The secondary display is a very small display that is located in a section
of our garden, and can be controlled via the internet. This uses an ioBridge
module, an Arduino, and a bank of relay drivers and relays.

The telecontrol display can be controlled via
http://www.pacificlights.co.nz, plus there is a video of the main display.

We are also listed on http://www.lightupchristmas.co.nz, direct link:
http://www.lightupchristmas.co.nz/details.php?id=15. If you like the
display, please vote for me on the site. It would be greatly appreciated J

Each year we like to choose a charity to support. Seeing as we are expecting
our first baby, we have decided to help raise funds for Pregnancy Help
Canterbury. Donations are taken at the display, and every cent raised is
passed onto them.

If you're in Christchurch, and you're in the area, be sure to take a look.

Thanks!

Nathan.