[chbot] Arduino(Burning Bootloader onto ATMEGA8)

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 10 05:37:27 BST 2009

My reason for using a bootloader was pin count, pin assignment and
convenience.
I have PWM motor control on the port that is used by the in system
programmer. I have a serial port from the PC connected to the UART pins
during development.
So I can use a bootloader to load software via serial port and UART without
having to worry about my motors going nuts during programming, and without
attaching and removing any additional leads.
If I need the 2K of flash currently occupied by the bootloader, I'll revert
to the ISP, or buy ATmega328s or switch to ATmega128s.

Richard