[chbot] Arduino(Burning Bootloader onto ATMEGA8)

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 03:20:19 BST 2009

There are a few things that can cause errors:

1) Firmware too big/wrong addresses. The programmer software should catch those.
2) Hardware issues with the parallel port. Quite common. Does it need
to be in EPP mode or anything like that? Check the bios settings to
make sure everythiong is right. Parallel ports are notoriously bad at
generating glitches too. Personally I don't use parallel ports for
this reason.
3) Timng. Run the programmer software slower if you can. Turn on all
the debug tracing etc you can.

If you're using avrdude then do this with:

avrdude -v -i 5 .....

--Charles