[chbot] OT: MindKits Wellington and Auckland Arduino Beginners Workshops

Tim Carr Tim at mindkits.co.nz
Tue Aug 4 08:19:19 BST 2009

Hi all, Tim from MindKits.co.nz <http://mindkits.co.nz/> here again. After
running this past list admins I thought I'd take this opportunity to post
and make everyone who may be interested aware that we're running two
workshops in Auckland and Wellington for those wishing to learn about
Arduino in August.
The workshops are geared toward beginners but we have enough content that
beginner-intermediate users will learn plenty and be well challenged.

I know there are an increasing number of people wishing to get into Arduino
and robotics in general so if you are interested or know of someone who you
feel would benefit you may wish to enlighten them or pass along this email.

I'm always happy to field questions too so feel free to email me directly at
Tim at Mindkits.co.nz.
The Wellington course is actually this weekend (which was full) but we had
someone with a last minute need to pull out and so there is a single space
free (this means the attendee would only pay the early bird price).

We're absolutely stoked to have Kim Newall from AUT run both courses and he
has a great level of skill with the Arduino along with a strong background
in combining technology with creativity. He's got some great mini projects
planned to teach the skills needed and even I had to laugh
at his lineup. One thing's for sure, it will be fun and entertaining.

So, if you're keen to come along for two days of fun on the weekend while
learning and meeting like minded tinkerers we'd love to see you.

The courses are both in August so don't delay and as of this writing we
have one position left in the Wellington workshop(8th/9th) and four for the
Auckland workshop(22nd/23rd).

The courses cost $299 for a full two days workshops and you'll receive $85
worth of kit to take home with you too (You'll need an Arduino too if you
don't already have one and we can supply this for you).

Contact Tim at mindkits.co.nz or for more info

Wellington:
http://www.mindkits.co.nz/arduino_course.html

Auckland:
http://www.mindkits.co.nz/arduino_course-AK.html

Regards and thank you,
Tim
MindKits Chief Ninja

PS: If you're interested in a Christchurch course please email me also and
let me know. I'll keep a list of interested people and if the numbers are
enough to support a class we'll run one there.