[chbot] Does the current web site meet our needs?

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Aug 3 22:40:49 BST 2009

On Monday 03 August 2009 20:52:24 Richard Jones wrote:
> Thanks Phil,
>
> One way we can improve our presence is to be linked to and from more sites.
> Would you like to link to us from your site Phil & I'll put a link to your
> site in our links section if thats OK with you. Anywhere else we should be
> looking to link to?

Well we can't fix history and help improve our visibility profile 2 years ago.
All we can do is work in the here and now.

One of the best ways to get better access is to leverage google (since that's
the de facto way to find anything).

If everyone did a google search for a few useful terms and clicked through
from those it would help improve ranking.

"christchurch robots" is already giving us the top hit.
"nz robots" gives us as 21st hit and the New Zealand robotics club in Auckland
as first hit. Perhaps we can get them to link to us.

Any other links in to kiwibots will directly help improve access and
indirectly help google ranking.

-- CHarles