[chbot] Camera IR Filter removal

Richard Jones rjtp at ihug.co.nz
Sun Sep 14 23:56:59 BST 2008

A dumb answer would be that the ability to remove the IR filter depends on
the design of the camera.
This is not for the feint hearted: http://ghonis2.ho8.com/rebelmodnew.html

Back in my project days at Philips we modified a colour CCD camera to have
a moveable IR filter to give good day and night performance. The night
vision used infra red lights. Trouble was the resultant assembly cost about
the same as two cameras. We also used photomultipliers that could see in
starlight.

Richard