No subject

Sun May 18 21:23:12 BST 2008

helps to be able to get more done.

We have a very wide spectrum of people involved and need to be able to
engage
everyone. In other words, we need to be able to cover very simple entry
level
stuff as well as more complex stuff (higher level programming, filtering
etc).

> Several folks have suggested starting meetings earlier, say 6.30pm. Some
> have asked for them more often. And lately we don't seem to run out of
> things to say between 7.30 and 9.30.
>
> Maybe its time to consider special interest group meetings targeting more
> in depth treatment of topics that have a robotics connection.
Alternatively
> we could just have very long meetings with timed sections such as:
>
> 6.30-7.30 demos and presentations from those who need to leave early.
> 7.30-8.30 formal presentations
> 8.30-9.30 social chat

> Thoughts anyone? Looks a bit like a marathon!

I would propose a slight change to the times, partly to "demarathonise" it.
6.15-630  pre meeting set up tables etc.
6.30-7.30 demos and presentations from those who need to leave early.
7.30-8.00 social chat 1
8.00-9.00 formal presentations
9.00-9.30 social chat 2

This format would allow some social chat time for the "leave early folk" as
well as allowing one-on-one discusions triggered by the demos. It is better
to have those conversations while everything is fresh rather than waiting
until the end.

Regards

Charles

------=_Part_43815_4773974.1219615225919