[chbot] Cheap, low voltage, high current h-bridge

Hanno Sander hanno at mydancebot.com
Fri Mar 14 04:10:43 GMT 2008

Thanks Andrew for the ultra-fast and accurate reply.
The Zetex ZHB6718 is:
- cheap $1.30, single SO8 package for a complete 4 transistor NPN/PNP
h-bridge
- low voltage: it loses < .1V at 1Amp current
- good on current: gain is >200 at <1Amp current, meaning drive current is
<5mA.
A slight issue: on page 7, safe operating area, full copper, dc, they imply
that it's only capable of 5v, 400mV- maybe I'll have to double up to reduce
current on each one?  Had any experience with it?  Seems straightforward to
integrate- the Propeller outputs 3.3V up to 50mA, so you could connect it
directly, right?
Hanno