[chbot] DanceBot progress

Hanno Sander hanno at mydancebot.com
Tue Apr 8 04:03:15 BST 2008

Hi,
I apologize for missing the April meeting- I'll be in California visiting
friends and family.

I'll also take DanceBot to some events:
12th April:  Yuri's Night at NASA's Moffet Field in Silicon Valley:
http://www.yurisnightbayarea.net/2008/
15-17th April: Part of the Parallax Booth at the Embedded System Conference
in San Jose: http://www.cmpegevents.com/web/esv/exposition
and more to come...

DanceBot has been keeping me busy lately- an article and video in the Press:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4429872a24096.html
a radio interview:
http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Audio/AudioPlayer/tabid/183/Default.aspx?articleID=6904
and last Friday I gave a presentation to ~45 computer science, electrical
engineering, and mechatronic students and professors at the University of
Canterbury.

I'm currently working on the next release of ViewPort, beta-testing
DanceBot, and having 6 Printed Circuit Boards made.
The boards are all based on the Propeller, here's a short overview- let me
know if you're interested in any:
1) Motor Control: High power h-bridge for 2 motors- also supports 2 encoders
2) Gyro, Accelerometer, IR remote, and Ping sensor board: provides Propeller
with data for 3 axis acceleration, 1 axis roll, distance measuring, and
remote control.
3) 40Mhz ADC: provides Propeller with a 40Mhz ADC- suitable for reading in
NTSC/PAL video signals
4) 1Mbit camera: access to a 1Mbit color camera
5) DanceBot: integrates all components for a balancing robot that can dance,
just add batteries and motors.
6) IO Dreamkit: integrates all components for measuring and generating
analog and digital signals from DC to 128Mhz.
Thanks particularly to Andrew and Richard for help with the circuit boards.
Thanks also the everyone who replied on the list to my questions... I'll
provide feedback on the PCB manufacturer and the h-bridge design in the
future.

As usual, more info on the website: http://mydancebot.com

Hanno