[chbot] milling/routing PCB's.

Chris Hellyar chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:43:17 +1200

Yeah, if it's not too much trouble...

I've built a small junk-box cnc router as a learning tool on the way to
building a large one, and thought it'd be interesting to play with
milling PCB's..

The info I can find on the web refers to specific engraving tools to
use, but I've struck out trying to source them locally.

I got vaguely OK results with a hand ground tool, but because it was
made of high speed steel and not carbide, it only lasted about 1/4 of
the way through a very small PCB.  (One 14 pin IC and a connector, test
layout)

Cheers, Me.