[chbot] Projects

Andrew Errington chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:56:16 +1200

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:54, you wrote:
> I tried them as soon as I got home (you only need a power supply and a
> multimeter to test the analog ones)

Cool!  What sort of results were you getting?  I know it's a non-linear
response, but did the sensor behave as expected?

> I expect you'll be faster than me working out how to use the ADC on the
> dsPic though.

Well, I already configured the dsPIC to run 4 ADC inputs.  Three are for
the table edge detectors (measuring the voltage across a phototransistor).
The fourth channel is intended for the range sensor, so I just have to wire
it up and I will start seeing real data.  I have the UART working, so I can
output the results to a PC throught the serial port.

That's when I have the time to do it...