[chbot] R2 Unit

Michael Pearce chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:37:05 +1200

Hi All,

I have been asked to build an R2 unit for a Puppet show end
of next month. I am using this as an excuse to make an
actual Robot (Little more than they actually need - but
gives me something to do before the next meeting).

So Far I have the Body - A Baby Formulae tin (Same size as
the large Milo tins)

Plan to use a plastic bowl as the head.

I am thinking of using some square electrical conduit or
aluminium extrusion as legs.

Trying to figure out what to use for drive chain and
wheels - was thinking of a Tamiya Universal gearbox or
something similar in size - any other ideas (Window wiper
motors are to big)

For puppet show:
1. Drive train not needed
2. Head to rotate by control
3. Flashing Lights by remote button
4. Focused white light by switch  (1W LED with lens)
5. Play sounds by control (Have playpack sorted)

After Puppet show
1. Drive train
2. Object/edge/line sensing etc (All table top challenges)

Mike

--
KIWACAN
Electronics Design