[chbot] AVRcam lighting

Andrew Errington chchrobotics@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 21:28:58 +1300

Peter (and anyone else who is interested),

At the last meeting we talked about hooking up a light to the AVRcam to
improve the tracking.  I just looked at the AVRcam schematic, and the VSYNC
signal from the camera is hooked up to an interrupt pin on the AVR.  You
could buffer that signal and use it to switch a high powered LED on and off
(30 times a second).  It would be in sync with the camera, and you would
save power by only having the LED on during a frame (i.e. not a 100% duty
cycle), plus you could overdrive the LED to make it *really* bright for
that short time.

Andrew