[101admin] Re: Taking applications for 'Answer Man/Woman' for kite.com

Andrew Beattie 101admin@ourshack.com
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 21:35:38 +0000

"Carl D. Crowell" wrote:

> I get regular email from students, teachers and the odd wacko hobbyist
> asking all sorts of questions.
>
> - How high can I fly my kite?
>
> - How big is the biggest kite?
>
> - Our class is building kites, can you send us plans and show us how?

Hmmm...

One of the things we were discussing for kite101.com was a mailing
list along this lines... a mailing list where newbies could mail
newbie questions and get them forwarded to band of willing volinteers.

But I've been *swamped* with work the last few weeks and have done
nothing to help push towards the launch of the site.

--
Andrew Beattie

The LAZIEST way to find kite pages ---------> http://www.kitez.com/
********** Win a T-shirt at http://www.kitez.com/tshirt.html **********
My own stuff (Shona, Chevron, Veronica) ----> http://www.tug.com/
Resources for rec.kites --------------------> http://www.kites.tug.com/
Friendly, flexible host for your net stuff -> http://www.ourshack.com/

kite, n: A piece of negotiable paper representing a fictitious
financial transaction and used temporarily to sustain credit or
raise money.